I thought I would give a taster of what will be coming up by way of posts during November’s NaBloPoMo marathon.
Children’s Books – to be read and reviewed.
- A Wrinkle in Time – Madeleine L’Engle
- Mary Poppins – P.L.Travers
- The Little Prince – Antoine Saint-Exupery
- Little House on the Prairie – Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
- The Velveteen Rabbit – Margery Williams
General Fiction Books – to be read or reviewed.
- Their Faces Were Shining – Tim Wilson
- Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury
- The Martian Way and Other Stories – Isaac Asimov
In between these book reviews I will add in bits and pieces about the Oh Waily children and our current activities. All of these will, in turn, be sandwiched in between the ongoing saga that is the relocation of the family to another abode. Our landlords now have an offer to buy this house, so before Christmas we will need to have found alternative accommodation. That, in itself, would probably create a month of posting but I will limit myself to anything interesting or relevant.
For those who plan on getting out and enjoying the fireworks for Guy Fawkes tonight, have a great time. I hope the weather is co-operative wherever you are.
Today in history: 1960 – Tilda Swinton was born. (British actress)
I think I enjoy my work now even more simply because it`s even easier than it was. It sounds sacrilegious to say that anything`s a delight when you`re away from your children, but the truth is that it is refreshing to only have yourself to dress in the morning, and to lie diagonally across the bed. Making films, going round the world on tour – all these crazy things that were so difficult before are so much easier than breastfeeding twins for 14 months that frankly it is a delight.
– Tilda Swinton