Following on from the Experience vs Thing post the other day it’s clear that a few of us share a similar outlook on this. But when you get down to the nuts and bolts of experiences, I wonder just how similar we would really be. What sort of experiences, money, time and other commitments being no object, would you choose?
Here are my top 10 choices:
- Live in Hong Kong and learn Cantonese.
- Live in France and learn (properly) French.
- Visit some of the “wonders of the world” that have always interested me.
- The Pyramids & the Valley of the Kings
- The Great Wall of China
- The Taj Mahal
- The Aurora Borealis with this as a side attraction. (But only the 1 night.)
- Xian (for the Terracotta Warriors, in situ.)
- Dive the Great Barrier Reef.
- Live on a canal boat and wander through Europe the leisurely way.
- Take a trip on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. (I completely blame Agatha for this one.)
- Do a Trans-Siberian rail journey as well. And visit St.Petersburg & Beijing while doing so.
- Go on a retreat. Zen sounds interesting, perhaps Theravada. No lack of choice.
- Conquer my fear of falling from great heights and either Bungy or SkyJump or SkyWalk – all of which would leave me frozen with fear.
- Go on a supporters tour to watch the All Blacks defend their World Cup title.
Goodness me, it seems that I do have a thing about Asia, languages & leisurely jaunts across countries by whatever archaic means of transport is available. Oh, and I just had to squeeze in a sporting event at the very end. I do love to watch my rugby and it is so much fun to be there in person.
So those are my current favourite thoughts and dreams, some of which I would dearly love to really make happen. Only time will tell if I get any of them to come true.
What about you? Do you have a Top 10 list?
Care to share?